Translate

Thursday 3 April 2014

week 14 - help for homeless animals month starts

Hi everyone!

I'm feeling much better this week as my cough is back under control, have been busy doing research for features for later this month, and also in my private life, I went to see Adam Ant at the ritz and am at another concert, to see Halestorm, later this week. All work and no fun makes for a dull blogger!

Within this week's activities, I donated some goods to my local PDSA charity shop, and received an email this morning to say that they had raised £7.50 already, just between now and sunday lunch time when I dropped them off.

I am also taking part in an online charity auction for The Asswen(?) project, who help look after donkeys and working animals in countries such as India. So far, my donated item has reached £4 in bids, and a self-catering mid week break I am bidding on myself is at over £180. Whilst these charities are aimed at supporting animals that do have owners, they also help reduce the number of homeless animals by ensuring they can stay where they are, rather than become abandoned or surrendered to our already overcrowded animals shelters for being too expensive to keep.

This weekend, I will also be taking part in a Guinness world record attempt for the largest fairy gathering in the world. I am hoping to use that event to raise awareness of Project52ayear, and in turn, the charities featured within this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment